Do you have a friendly telephone manner and can tick any one of the following?
- You want to help people
- You want to keep your brain active and learn new skills
- You love meeting people and want to make new friends?
- You want to enhance your CV?
If so, we want to hear from you! We are looking for local people to join our team of volunteer advisers – no experience necessary. You just need to be friendly, non-judgmental, willing to learn and be able to use a computer. Our roles are flexible and can fit around part-time work or caring responsibilities.
What will you do?
● complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
● talk to clients over the phone, face to face, or online to explore the problems they need help with
● find information about clients’ problems and help them to understand their options
● support clients to take action to resolve their problems. This might include drafting or writing letters, making phone calls, or referring the client to another organisation
● write a summary of the clients’ problems and what action you’ve taken
● look out for problems that are common, or are unfair, and write a short report about the problem
Some examples of what you could do:
● help a client with debts access the support they need
● explore what benefits a client is entitled to and help them to complete a benefit application form.
● help a client who has problems with their landlord to understand their housing rights.
Working with us you will:
● make a real difference to people’s lives
● learn about a range of issues such as benefits, debt, employment and housing.
● build on valuable skills such as communication, listening and problem solving, and increase your employability
● work with a range of different people, independently and in a team.
● have a positive impact in your community.
And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, so what are you waiting for?
We have lots of flexible volunteer roles – please contact us if you would like to know more about the range of opportunities available.
Alternatively please download and complete our application form and send it to email@example.com